August 26, 2020
Case Within a Case: Defense of a Legal Malpractice Case via Trial of the Underlying Action
On Wednesday, August 26, 2020, Erin Higgins is presenting on the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) webinar "Case Within a Case: Defense of a Legal Malpractice Case via Trial of the Underlying Action
This Webinar will analyze defending a legal liability claim via the trial of the underlying case. The Webinar will also address other Professional Liability Defenses, but will focus on the strategy and mechanics of proving no causation/damages via trial of the "case within a case."
- Upon completion, participants will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the unique causation issues presented by legal malpractice actions with emphasis on how to defend the “case within a case” through each stage of litigation – from inception through trial.
- Upon completion, participants will have a better understanding the most effective strategies to prove and negate causation in cases involving “case within a case” standard.
- Upon completion, participants will understand the specific challenges presented when trying the “trial within a trial” to a judge or jury and how to overcome them.
- Assessment, analysis of strategy in a professional liability case
- Skill acumen in trying the underlying case
- Causation/damages assessment
To learn more and to register, visit the IADC website.